Hybrid Polymer/Nanoparticle Multi-Functional Optical Coatings
Market Sheet (863 KB)
• Can be Applied at Ambient Temperature and Pressure
• Based on Commercially Available Materials
• Can be Used on Large or Irregular SurfacesApplications and Industries• Superhydrophobic/Hydrophillic Coatings
• Consumer Electronics
• Anti-Reflection/Custom Coatings for Solar Panels, Windsheilds, Lenses, etc.
• High Performance Glass and CeramicsPatents and Patent Applications
|Title and Abstract||
Method of making monodisperse nanoparticles
A method of making particles of either spherical or cylindrical geometry with a characteristic diameter less than 50 nanometers by mixing at least one structure directing agent dissolved in a solvent with at least one amphiphilic block copolymer dissolved in a solvent to make a solution containing particles, where the particles can be subsequently separated and dispersed in a solvent of choice.
|Sandia National Laboratories||10/16/2012
|Technology ID||Development Stage||Availability||Published||Last Updated|
|US Patents Pending - SD#s 11306, 11677, 11923||Prototype - Sandia estimates this technology at a TRL 4: Key concepts have been validated in the laboratory environment.||Available - Various License and partnering options are available. Please contact the Intellectual Property department to discuss.||12/01/2011||03/19/2013|