Ethanol Tolerant Yeast for Improved Production of Ethanol from Biomass
Inventors: Audrey Gasch, Jeffrey Lewis
- Makes yeast less sensitive to ethanol
- Increased ethanol tolerance allows more ethanol to be produced per batch, decreasing costs and energy consumption
- Could be incorporated into an industrial fermentation yeast strain
- Production of ethanol from biomass
- Alcohol production
- Manufacture of frozen bread dough
Lewis J.A., Elkon I.M., McGee M.A., Higbee A.J. and Gasch A.P. 2010. Exploiting Natural Variation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae to Identify Genes for Increased Ethanol Resistance. Genetics 186, 1197-1205.
Intellectual Property Status
Patent applied for.
Cleantech: Biofuels & Renewable Fuels
This work was funded by the DOE Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center (DOE BER Office of Science DE-FC02-07ER64494).
|Technology ID||Development Stage||Availability||Published||Last Updated|
|P100228US01||Development||Available - Patent Pending. Available for licensing or collaborative research.||06/10/2011||06/01/2011|