Tropexx – Blending System
The Tropexx Blending System is a high-resolution blending system that works with gases, vapors and volatile (readily vaporizable) liquids in addition to moisture.
Tropexx can be used to check instrument calibration by substantiating, within parts per million, the accuracy of instrument readings. It also is a high-precision laboratory tool for blending gases and vapors for application in corrosion and material evaluation studies.
- User-selected blending range
- Back-pressure control valve and regulator
- Compact design
- Programmable for repetitive or complex application
- Versatile – Able to handle varying degrees of pressure
- Steady – Allows consistent flow rates of output
- Precise – Supplies uniform moisture into dry gas
- Portable – Can be used for field testing
- Cost Effective – Reduces the cost of calibration and redundant instruments
- In-field calibration of moisture monitors
- Process gas-blending system
- Blending of volatile liquids or gases
Inventor - Russell Hallman
Video - http://www.y12.doe.gov/library/gallery/video.php?mov=tropexx&w=480&h=270&v=8
|Title and Abstract||
Controlled differential pressure system for an enhanced fluid blending apparatus
A system and method for producing a controlled blend of two or more fluids. Thermally-induced permeation through a permeable tube is used to mix a first fluid from outside the tube with a second fluid flowing through the tube. Mixture ratios may be controlled by adjusting the temperature of the first fluid or by adjusting the pressure drop through the permeable tube. The combination of a back pressure control valve and a differential regulator is used to control the output pressure of the blended fluid. The combination of the back pressure control valve and differential regulator provides superior flow control of the second dry gas. A valve manifold system may be used to mix multiple fluids, and to adjust the volume of blended fluid produced, and to further modify the mixture ratio.
|Y-12 National Security Complex||02/24/2009
|Technology ID||Development Stage||Availability||Published||Last Updated|
|2025||Development - TRL 8 - Technology has been proven to work in its final form and under expected conditions.||Available||03/28/2011||12/06/2016|